Monday, November 21, 2005

Week 3 Check In

Morning pages - 7 out of 7. I find it's not always easy, especially if I have a lot to do that day. But doing them seems to be helping me focus.
I had originally planned to go to an Art Exhibit at a local gallery on Saturday. But after a long a grueling week I just wasn't up for it. So I found myself alone on Saturday afternoon. I put my feet up and spent a couple of hours reading a novel. I wasn't sure if it counted as an Artist Date. And I felt a little guilty at first, but then I thought, it's my artist date I can do what I want. And it turned out to be exactly what I needed.

The only specific event that may be synchronicity at work is I was going through a couple of bags of clothes I no longer wear. And for some reason I decided to check the pockets on a pair of jeans. I found $5.00. All nicely laundered. Now I had packed away at least 3 pairs of jeans before that pair, never even thought of checking the pockets. Why that pair? Of course, I did go back to check the others before packing them up for goodwill.


3 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Having 3 long-lost objects suddenly appear (I wasn't even looking for two of them) in one week is enough to convince me synchronicity can include reclaimed treasure.

Maybe reading the novel didn't expand your creative horizon, but with the busy week you had it sounds like it refueled your engine. You gotta replenish the physical resources as well as the creative too.

Cathy said...

You're right about having to replenish the physical resources as well as the creative. It had been a long time since I took a Saturday afternoon and just read. I must say it felt good.

Debra Dixon said...

I think that your Saturday qualifies for an AD just fine. You are supposed to reenergize whatever needs to be reenergized so you listened to your body and did what was needed. can't complain there.