Friday, November 18, 2005

Detective Work

My favorite childhood toy was Barbie. I first used a sewing machine when I was a child so I could sew Barbie clothes.

My favorite childhood game was Monopoly and Canasta.

The best movie I saw as a kid was Mary Poppins.

I don't do it much but I enjoy riding a bike and scrapbooking

If I could lighten up a little, I'd sing in public and not care that I was out of key. (of course the public is very grateful that I don't little up because of this.)

If it weren't too late, I'd become a mother.

My favorite musical instrument is the violin

The amount of money I spend on treating myself to entertainment each month is hard to calculate. It depends on how much I have, what I need and if I'm shoe shopping.

If I weren't so stingy with my artist, I'd buy her tickets to a Broadway musical. (I'd like to buy her a new sewing machine, the Viking Mega Quilter and a violin. I can't do that for her, at least not yet.)

Taking time out for myself is necessary.

I am afraid that if I start dreaming.....I've been thinking about this one for a while and just can't seem to come up with an answer. I don't think I'm afraid to dream, sometimes afraid to act on my dreams.

I secretly enjoy reading historical romance novels

If I had had a perfect childhood I'd have grown up to be...an elite figure skater (ok, some talent would help)

If it didn't sound so crazy I'd travel through Europe for a year.

My parents think artists are blessed

My God thinks artists are listening and seeing

What makes me feel weird about this recovery is that I'm not sure where it will lead me.

Learning to trust myself is necessary, but not always easy.

My most cheer-me-up music is the Rolling Stones "It's Only Rock N Roll", or just about anything from the Rolling Stones

My favorite way to dress is either dressed to the nines or slightly funky casual.

3 comments:

Suze said...

My first sewing experience was sitting under the kitchen table - Mom sewing clothes for my sister and me on top while I sat under and sewed clothes for Barbie!...but I had more fun sewing the clothes than actually playing with her...

Tracey said...

Cathy, you had asked about the DVD's I referred to...to learn how to play violin? Here's the website: http://www.videoviolinlessons.com/

The gal at the music store (owner) as well as the violin teacher at the music store highly recommended these to me.

I truly hope that you get the chance to learn as well. :o)

Cathy said...

Tracey, Thanks for the information. I'll have to check it out.