Sunday, November 09, 2008

Back Again



So much for actively blogging! Well, I'm going to try again.




The weather has turned cooler. The trees are going from beautiful fall color to bare branches. Perfect weather for knitting & quilting.




I'm working on a cardigan for a class that I'm taking. I'm using Drops Design Studio http://www.garnstudio.com. Pattern 88-4


I'm not following the pattern and I'm knitting from the top down. I'm learning a lot. It was so much fun to go to Woolbearers and pick any yarn I wanted without worrying about gauge. There was such a feeling of freedom! I've had to do a lot of ripping back, but if I focus on the process and not the product it doesn't seem so bad. Hey, I'm learning as much from ripping back as I am from knitting. Maybe more! With that said, I'm hoping to get a cardigan that fits. Wish me luck!

No comments: