Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Christmas Hat Brigade

I decided to make hats for several members of my family for Christmas. My husband, my mother, father-in-law, brother and sister-in-law. I even finished them by Christmas, barely. The last one was finished on Christmas.



Harvard Square



I still have one scarf that I'm making for a friend, The Noro Scarf but I'm not going to my friend for a few days so I have a little reprieve. Even though I've been wanting to use Noro for a while, I resisted the urge for a while. I was working on a sweater and a lace scarf, and of course, there were Christmas hats yet to be knit. But willpower is a fickle thing. At least my willpower is a fickle thing. I was in the quilt shop one day, and right next door is a yarn shop. I found myself inside, by the Noro. How could I, in good conscience, leave it there?

But back to the Christmas hats. I knit the Seaman's watch cap,




Seaman's Watch Cap






A Hat Fit For a Boyfriend, the Claudia hat, the Harvard Square hat and a pattern from Woolbearers. I got to use some great yarn. For the Harvard Square hat, I used Classic Elite Montera and I think I have enough left over to make a hat for myself.





Claudia

No comments: