Tuesday, January 24, 2006

chapter 9 check in

Week 9 check in. Although I have done my morning pages most days this week. I find that they are beneficial for getting the "junk" out as well as helping me to organize my day and re-evalutate my priorities. So they do serve a purpose for me, but I'm not so sure it the purpose Julia Cameron intended.

For my artist date this week I went to the James A Michener Art Museum in Doylestown, Pa. They had a couple of interesting exhibits. The first was Radical Vision - The Revolution in American Photography.
The other two exhibits New Orleans: A Beloved City, Photographes by Michael A. Smith and last but not least an exhibit of work by Romare Bearden.
I went with my husband. Although the book says we should do our artist dates by ourselves, my husband and I only have one day off together so I don't adhere to that rule.
While I was at the museum, my husband bought a book for me on Sumi-e, which re-awakened my desire to learn. Sumi-e means black ink painting. I even found time last night to practice for an hour or so.
"If we study Japanese Art, we see a man who is undoubtedly wise, philosophic and intelligent, who spends his time doing what? In studying the distance between the earth and moon? No. In studying Bismark's policy? No. He studies a single blade of grass." -- Vincent Van Gogh

No comments: