Monday, January 09, 2006

Chapter 7 check in

Artist Way Quilters: Chapter 7 Check-in The morning pages proved to be more difficult this past week. One day I completely forgot about them until the next day and one day they were evening pages instead. I am trying to get back into the swing of things after the holidays.

I went to see an art exhibit, Families by Deborah Maher being held in Lambertville New Jersey as my artist date this week. She does watercolors, which I love. The paintings were so free, so joyful.

I skated in the first night exhibition. I consider that taking an artistic risk. All things considered, it wasn't too bad. It felt really good to go out and do it and I really enjoyed myself. I wish I had skated a little better, but I'll work to improve so that next time I will skate better. I will attempt to post a picture in a day or two.

I enjoyed the tasks this past week and I am looking forward to going back to do the ones I didn't do.

One of those tasks, the five favorite films started out easy enough. Miracle, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Sea Biscuit. Trying to narrow down the last two was almost impossible. I put Roman Holiday and The African Queen. Up for the running was Apollo 13, Philadelphia Story, The Out of Towners (the old one with Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis). Do I see any common denominators? Well, that's rather obvious, don't-cha think? I love to see the underdog succeed. I want to finish a movie feeling good, like anything is possible and I love a good romance.

2 comments:

Jane Ann said...

Cathy, it's so good to hear from you again. I was wondering how the ice skating went, so please post a pic when you can. Glad to know you enjoyed it so much. Some people would have been so afraid of performing--ice and skates? Tights and a skater's skirt? A definite risk!

BTW, I remember the old version of "The Out-of-Towners" and I loved it too. Jack Lemmon was just the best, wasn't he?

sophie said...

I am also in awe of your skating performance. Yay! Can't wait to see the photo.

Welcome back to the flow--as you've probably read, you're not alone in finding some challenge in getting back to the morning pages, etc.